Monday, August 17, 2015

Life's a beach.



And it really was – is.  I’m reading the book ‘Can’t Wait to Get to Heaven’ by Fannie Flagg.  If you’ve never read Fannie Flagg, you need to grab a copy of one her books right now, take the afternoon off and read it.  Especially if you are feeling down.  There is something so simple about this book yet it isn’t simple at all.  It is one of those books – just like ‘Fried Green Tomatoes’ or ‘Redbird Christmas’ or  ‘Welcome to the World, Baby Girl’ –that makes you feel like family. You live in the book.  Or at least I do. 
At this time in my life when I’m not quite sure how to feel, it’s always so nice to have my books.  



No comments:

A motley crew.

  It is so true. When you have a dog, there is always someone happy to see you.  My cats are happy to see me as well - especially if I'm...